I was reading another blog today, a little more each day, and that blogger is currently at her goal weight. Today’s entry was about making her “reasons to maintain” list. When she was losing she had made her reasons to lose list and I like that idea. So, inspired by that post, here is my reasons to lose list:
- My health.
- I’m unhappy being overweight.
- I want to weight less than my husband.
- I want to be able to shop in any store.
- I want to feel “normal”.
- I am going to Hawaii in November and I want to go on a helicopter tour. I want to be able to only buy one seat. According to the website, ” For each guest weighing 250 pounds or more on an Astar, or more than 260 pounds on an Eco-Star, an adjacent, empty seat purchase is required to safely balance the aircraft. The charge for a comfort seat is reduced to 50% off of the regular tour price.” I don’t want to have to buy the extra seat, even if it is 50%.
- I don’t want to have to worry if a seat belt is going to fit me on a plane.
- I want to be able to go horseback riding (most places require under 225).
- I want to be able to do things in general and not worry about if there is a weight restriction.
- I don’t want to always feel like the “fat friend”.
I’m sure there is more that I can think of, but that is it for now.