Saw my surgeon yesterday and had gained some weight back. We discussed the idea of converting to another surgery.
He is worried that I could be possibly stretching my esophagus since the band is TIGHT. He tried to give me another fill yesterday and I wasn't able to drink water afterwards. He had to immediately go back and take a little out.
We talked a lot about the mental side of things and I wish I could figure that part out. Of course if I could, I wouldn't need the surgery at all.
I'm seriously thinking about converting to the sleeve. I'm more comfortable with the sleeve than the bypass. At least then I won't have a foreign body in me.
The whole situation though makes me want to cry.
I don't regret having the band. The sleeve wasn't available to me when I had my surgery a year ago. If it was, I might have chosen that.
The good news is that I don't have to all of the pre/post surgery stuff again. Dr. B is confident that I would get approved by my insurance.
I need to talk to my husband about it and see what his travel schedule is like. If I'm going to do this again, it would be ideal to do it in January. I have too much going on family wise in December to deal with recovery.
I see him again in 4 weeks and I'm going to decide by then. I'll spend the next couple of weeks researching