I've read Women, Food and God. I'm currently reading When You Eat at the Refridgerator, Pull Up a Chair. I went to a weekend workshop at Kripalu with Geneen Roth. Now what?
I have some email addresses from some of the people I met at the workshop and we started a facebook group to support each other.
I plan on printing out my journal entries from the workshop and showing them to my therapist so we can focus on what the workshop brought up.
In the immediate though, I want to do a daily exercise here in my lifejournal using the eating guidelines.
During the workshop, we were in a group of six and each of us took a turn answering four questions about the eating guidelines. For the next seven days, starting today, I am going to do that here for each of the eating guidelines.
The eating guidelines are:
1. Eat when you are hungry.
2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
3. Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspapers, books, intense or anxiety-producing conversations or music.
4. Eat what your body wants.
5. Eat until you are satisfied.
6. Eat (with the intion of being) in full view of others.
7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.
For each of these guidelines, I will ask myself the following four questions:
1. What is my reaction to this eating guideline?
2. What is scary about it? Would anyone else be threatened?
3. How would my life need to change?
4. What is exciting about the following guideline?